Friday, April 9, 2010

Catholic Church: Who Does The Pope Confess To?

I have Catholic friends. I graduated from a Catholic high school. But the Catholic church’s systemic and long-standing policy of covering up child sexual abuse by its priests is more than sinful, it’s also criminal. Now, this obstruction of justice has reached the highest level of the Catholic Church: The pope. Simply put, I’m starting to think that the Catholic Church hides pedophiles under the artful façade of the cloth. Pedophiles with white collars seem to have safe harbor in the Catholic church the way terrorists have safe harbor in Afghanistan! This is aiding and abetting in the worst way. We’re talking about kid’s lives. We’re talking about a colossal betrayal of trust. If a kid can’t trust their priest, who else can they trust?

3 comments:

  1. From everything that I've read over the years [not that u can believe everything u read] it appears that's the catholic churches M O....cover ups. This is such a hard topic for me to discuss for so many reasons. It sickens me to even think about it too much!! Ugh!

    Its just sickening....I can't even wrap my head around the concept of letting this continue to be swept under the rug for God knows how long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Trinity! The Catholic church at some point is going to have to give serious consideration to letting priests marry. Not that getting married somehow correlates with NOT molesting little boys! I will NEVER understand that one! But letting them get married certainly couldn't hurt. It's just mind-boggling to me that this constant cover-up of children being molested hasn't crippled the Catholic Church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have too much power! The Bastards!

    ReplyDelete