Monday, April 26, 2010

Blogs | Black America Web

Blogs | Black America Web This is sad but true. I'm not ready to write Tavis off just yet, but he risks becomming irrevelant by ceding too much of a platform that he once held with a vice grip. Not that Rev. Al Sharpton is a newcomer to the scene. Far from it!! But short of working with President Obama (in a grass-roots way by organizing at the community level) Tavis runs the risk of looking like a "hater". Rightly or wrongly, Tavis is viewed right now as the voice of dissent. He's one of the most notable black intellectuals in this unflattering role. Work with the President and our other black leaders Tavis. They need you, and so do we!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Lenny. We do need to support our black leaders. However, we do have to listen to the message, and make sure they are representing us in a positive manner. Remember evil comes in all colors. But I love me some Obama. So if you not with us you against us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. Tavis has received a lot of backlash, but you are right-we should not write him off just yet.
    Even if you don't agree with him, his comments and controversy bring attention to issues we should be tackling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve, thanks for the support! I have so many ideas for this blog, but I admit I haven't posted in awhile because the blog is not getting the feedback I expected. I see from your profile that you are a writer too. Us writers have to keep each other motivated, and I have to remind myself that even if no one reads or comments on my entries, I would STILL do it because I do this for the love of writing!

    ReplyDelete